For this upcoming school year, we will be doing the The Prairie Primer by Margie Gray which is a Unit Studies of The Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. We will be taking our time through the books and will probably take two years instead of one. We may do some books faster than others. Time will tell.
I have begun going through the Primer and have made notes for resources to find, things to get, and materials needed. I like that you can pick and choose what works for your family and that you can always add in more later.
I grew up reading and loving The Little House on the Prairie books. I still have all of the books and have kept them all these years.
Here are the items on my list as I have been planning to begin using the Primer:
- See if I own the Laura Ingalls Wilder Songbook by Eugenia Garson
- Put my copy of Drawing with Children by Mona Brookes on the shelf for Primer resources
- Add "Prairie Primer" as a tag to this blog
- Blog about today's planning and research
- Find the index card file boxes
- Use 3x5 index cards for memory work
- Find a vocabulary list to use that works for both older boys
- Find container with blank 3x5's
- Go through boys' white 3-ring binders for school, clean out, and prep for this year
I know I will come across more as I continue to prepare for this school year.